Thursday 13 June 2013

Man, I hope I get it...

Ok, so Tuesday night's rehearsal confirmed that Britten and I are never going to be great friends. Normally I can feel my way though any difficult bits that I'm not too sure of, but Britten is so challenging, that anticipating where the tune is going next is really difficult. When your sight reading skills are as limited as mine, it's a real challenge to get the right notes in the right order.

Having said that, some pieces of the Britten are sounding really lovely and the although it was hard work, the rehearsal really helped iron out some of the crinkly bits of the more difficult ones. Saturday's concert should be a good one so if you'd like to come along, tickets are available on the door at 7.30, Northcliffe Church, Shipley.

No comments:

Post a Comment