Thursday 2 April 2015

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date.....

Sorry for the delay in this post, life has gone a bit crazy recently.

So the concert went well. Our soloists, Martha Hayward, Rowena Thornton, David Heathcote and Donald Stephenson were all on fine form, and Alex Woodrow managed to get his fingers around more notes than I think I've ever heard played on an organ before. The choir were also sounding really good in parts.

Maybe it was just me, but it felt a bit flat at times - I don't think anything went particularly wrong, there were just little moments that didn't feel as amazing as they have done. I think I was probably alone though, as the audience seemed to enjoy the music very much.

We've already started rehearsals for the June concert (we don't hang about) and I'm feeling a bit like I did when we started the Britten stuff a while ago, overall, a bit dazed. First rehearsals are always difficult though, and I'm sure that the more practice we have at the Chilcott Little Jazz Mass, the more things will fall into place.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment